Major iOS5 Problems!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exileskimer, Jun 6, 2011.

1. exileskimer macrumors member

First issue:

It won't let you use the same email for Imessage on two devices.

Aka- have John@aol.com on both the iPhone/iPad

Well then wtf is the point?

Second. I have MobileMe, and it won't let me use any of the icloud features. Says I have to convert.... But there is nothing to convert it?!?

2. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-gb; Nexus S Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Its still beta software at this point. Bugs/issues will exist.

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

Ios5 is a beta developer preview. It's meant so developers can update their apps for compatibility. It's not ready for mass users or general consumption. My advice is to not use it unless you are a no-kidding iOS developer updating your apps.

4. exileskimer thread starter macrumors member

I do develop apps. But it's extremely frustrating that I can't use my MobileMe with the cloud

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yeah, switch back to iOS4 until they fix the bug.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The point is to give developers access to the new OS to update their apps and/or create new apps.

If you are a developer, post this over at apple's developer forum.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. No need to panic at this point OP.

8. exileskimer thread starter macrumors member

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well I'd say iCloud is not ready yet. I wouldn't expect all the features, especially integration to external services to be available on the first beta.

As others have noted, the fix will be forthcoming in future beta updates.

Personally I'd never install the first beta on my iPhone, but then I need to use it, not develop apps with it

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

That's what happens if you are an early adapter. You got iOS 5.0 after they announced it less than 24 hours ago. It's an early beta. iOS 5.0 is still 3-4 months away from release. The bugs will be there. When you download these early betas, you are accepting the risk on your device. Now, enjoy.

11. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

This is like someone playing a game in BETA testing and screaming that there are bugs. What do you expect? The product isn't finished.

12. sth macrumors 6502a

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

bingo, some people dont see it that way they think its the finished product and they got it first because they are super cool

14. Chris316 macrumors newbie

WARNING: Lost Email

I've been using the Beta version of iOS 5 and as of today I have officially lost all of the email in my inboxes. An not just on my phone, but from the servers they sit on.

I don't know how that's possible, but I've literally lost emails, special emails that I have been holding onto for years. Gone, in the blink of an eye.

Has anyone else experienced this nightmare????

15. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

No because people are following Apple's advice and not using iOS5 on their primary device for real world usage.

To the OP this is also why you can't use your existing MobileMe account for iCloud, you aren't supposed to be using iOS 5 for real world usage, it is solely for developers to update or create new apps to use the new API features.

The beta isn't meant for the general population to beta test the operating system and frankly I don't think Apple would pay any attention to people acting like they are beta testing the operating system itself, they only care about bugs that developers report with the API. They have their own internal testers for the operating system.

16. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

everyone who has lets hold hands around the camp fire and sing "Kumbya" that will fix it

nope that wont either downgrade to the official firmware 4.3.3 will

17. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

exactly even if devs report iOS bugs thats not what they are looking for its soley issues devs have with their apps not working with the APIs

18. Chris316 macrumors newbie

Don't understand your response....

If the purpose is for testing, then how can it not be put to "real world usage?"

If the you don't properly test it, then how will they know if it's ready to be used for "real world usage?"

19. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the people who test the iOS itself work for apple, the beta is for app developers to test the apps they make/made to see when run on iOS 5 they work and if not thats why the beta is released to give them time to fix the issues with their apps to make them work

20. Chris316 macrumors newbie

I don't want to get into an argument about this because it's just silly - and I just wanted to alert people to what I experienced. But, Apple really didn't want people testing it, they wouldn't give developers the ability to provide the the iOS to non developers.

21. wvphysics macrumors regular

I installed the beta on my main phone to play around on it, but I also made sure there was a way to downgrade and made a backup first in case I didnt like it. Its one of those things to expects bugs and can even posting to see if others have the same issue, but complaining about it is kind of silly given the nature of a beta. If you dont like the bugs, downgrade, apple has no obilgation to put out a bug-free beta (they call that a release version).

22. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no your wrong if they wanted every day nimrods being their testers they wouldnt make you need a UDID registered and wouldnt make you need a beta itunes it would be avaialble right on apple.com and they would say

"PLEASE LET US KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH THIS IOS WE DONT HAVE TESTERS OF OUR OWN"

23. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

That is so they can get their own beta testers to beta test their app or so they can provision multiple of their own devices to do in house testing of their app it isn't so you can give out UDID slots to your mates or sell them off to the highest bidder so people can play with the latest iOS.

24. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

25. Chris316 macrumors newbie

I see, so making it so that anyone with $99 can become a developer who in turn can then share beta software doesn't count as making it possible for every day nimrods being testers? Got it.