Major Iphone 3g Issues!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cdavis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. cdavis macrumors newbie

So the other day i took my phone out of my pocket to see the bootup Apple Logo, not thinking twice about it due to the known problems with 2.0. However, for the next 12 hours that is all it would show, regardless of reboots, letting it sit off for hours, etc. Once I finally returned home i was able to get it into recovery mode after about 15 attempts and restore it. Everything was seemingly alright until i plugged it back into itunes to updates my Apps, etc. The phone became very sluggish (1-2 minutes per letter while typing texts), so i turned it off and it wont turn back on again. I have had to restore my phone at least 6 times i can count in the last 36 hours, but nothing seems to be working. Anyone having similar issues or ideas on how to resolve this perpetual annoyance?

2. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Yikes! And I thought that I was having problems. My phone reboots 6-7 times a day, and the mail app keeps crashing. My keyboard is also sluggish, but only by a few seconds. I would do a full restore (clean erase) to the 5a347 firmware, and if that doesn't work then go get a new phone. I'm about to throw mine out the window as it is. Wow. Apple has really blown this launch. I think I'm going to pop my sim into my first gen until this storm blows by...wonder if I can upgrade it to 1.1.4??