Major Iphone 4 problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JordanWest86, Jul 16, 2010.

1. JordanWest86 macrumors newbie

I dont know what the problem is with this POS phone Apple just sold me but I can't seem to receive a call. I work from home and have 5 bars at all times in my house. I am getting more and more ppl telling me that they call and it goes straight to my voicemail. I just looked at my friend's phone and saw the times he called and the times that I actually received his call and it is astonishing.

He just came over and I wanted to see what exactly happened when he called so we gave it a test run. He left a voice mail and everything and I have not received it. Its like no one even tried to call. I have tried syncing my phone, turning it on and off, etc. and nothing has changed.

I do receive some calls but I am estimating only about 30%. I recently had a 3GS for a year and everything worked fine. I know of no other problems except this one.

If you bought something that failed to complete its main purpose, wouldn't that be a FAILED product. This would then be considered the worst phone I have ever owned. I'm waiting for this press conference but man I'm pissed. I just want my money back at this point.

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

I'd get the phone replaced. It has it's problems, but what you've described isn't something I've experienced.

3. yankintx macrumors 6502

Stop wasting time writing about it Newbie, and take it back for a replacement. And...no it wouldn't be a failed product. Maybe a defective phone, but out of over 3 million phones sold, the "failed product" rate is very small, so I would call the IP4 a sucess.

I wish there was a way to get the actual number of refunds for returned phones. Even more interesting would be the number of people who stated they were returning the phone for a refund compared to the number of actual refunds completed.

4. andy9l macrumors 68000

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Have you set up your voicemail?

Go to phone / voicemail.

Are you on a carrier with visual voice mail?

6. JordanWest86 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I have not set up my voicemail and I'm on AT&T. Also, my phone doesn't seem to be picking up wifi very well. I was a little heated on my original post and just want to say that the 3GS was by far the best phone I ever owned and I was just expecting the new one to be that much better. I use my phone a lot for work and its just disappointing to not receive calls on a brand new phone.

7. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

It's probably for the best to just schedule an appointment with an Apple Store. This just sounds like a defective product, probably a bad network adapter. So just schedule an appointment.

Every phone ever released has had one or two (thousand) defective units, so it really shouldn't put Apple into any negative light in anyone's eyes. That said I do understand you're disappointment in the unit's fault. Just try to understand that they don't intentional give you a defective product and are going t be more than willing to replace it.

Have a good day, :)