Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
Please help me. My iPhone is completely frozen on the Apple screen, and even when I do a restart it stays frozen. Before I restarted, applications were freezing, especially Installer. I am jailbroken. I am trying to avoid a restore considering I have 100+ apps already.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Have you tried holding the sleep button and the home button until the screen COMPLETELY turns off?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Have you tried plugging it into iTunes and seeing what happens? Will your computer see that it is connected?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Did you use ZiPhone?

Maybe go into that, and hit the recovery mode, and then hit the normal mode in advanced settings. im NOT SURE if this will cause you to lose all your stuff, so do it at your own risk.

but at this point, i think you have nothing else to do.

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
Did you use ZiPhone?

Maybe go into that, and hit the recovery mode, and then hit the normal mode in advanced settings. im NOT SURE if this will cause you to lose all your stuff, so do it at your own risk.

but at this point, i think you have nothing else to do.

No, i didn't, I used iJailbreak me.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
I had the same problem - I had to restore it. The gears on the Apple screen stopped turning. I couldn't restart it - kept freezing at that screen. I had to do a full restore then reload all of my apps.

It happened to me after I used Boss Tools to try and move my files to the other partition. I'm running out of space again, and very reluctant to try and use Boss Tools again. I was on a Ziphoned 1.1.4 - this time around I used Pwnage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.