Major issues - any ideas?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by wfoster, Jun 16, 2015.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Battery drain is pretty horrendous, hardly any use on the phone and it has dropped to 50% in 4 hours. Not that, even if I send just one text, the handset gets quite warm and takes a while to cool down.

The response for waking the phone up is also quite slow.

Does anyone have any ideas to perhaps improve this? I have turned off all Search functions.

2. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

There is no solution but to wait to see if the next beta fixes it. If this is unacceptable, restore back to 8.3.

3. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

You will not be able to restore an iCloud or iTunes backup that you have taken whilst on iOS 9. You can downgrade and then restore a backup you took previous to installing iOS 9. Information that you have synced via iCloud such as contacts may sync back correctly. I've not gone back to 8.3 from 9, so i caveat what I say with no guarantees.

5. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

How's your phone holding up to this beta?

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Battery drain is horrendous! I can't restore back as my watch is on watchOS 2 beta. I'll grin and bear it, part of using beta software :)

7. gregsapphire macrumors member

You may lose some of your data. Before iOS 8.4 Beta 1, I tried downgrading by hitting option+check for update and downgrade to iOS 8.3 and I lost all my messages even though they showed up in usage. If you want to downgrade you have to restore and make sure that when you restore from a backup that the backup is from iOS 8.3.

8. Baerok macrumors member

Baerok

I think you shouldn't test the beta software if you don't know whether you will be able to restore your backup. This beta is intended for developers only!

9. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I agree. If you don't know the answers to these questions then you are obviously not a developer and should not be testing the software. It's a beta 1, it is not going to function like a final release software. The bugs won't be fixed until new software is released.

10. newtestleper macrumors 6502

I feel like I'm living in a rest home with these daily repetitive questions and answers.

"WOULD YOU LIKE SOME SOUP TONIGHT, HAROLD?"

11. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Wow, what a fantastic bunch of people are here on the MacRumors community.

12. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Don't be that guy.