Major issues w/ AT&T network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hatshepsut, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Hatshepsut macrumors newbie

I switched over to AT&T for the iphone--and convinced my parents to do the same, so we could all stay on the same family plan. Unfortunately, AT&T seems to suck. Calls just randomly decide to not go through when my parents call me, or I call them. These missed calls go straight to voicemail. My iphone doesn't even register any missed calls or new messages, although I think that when I use a landline to call them, their phone at least alerts them to the missed call. This happens apparently randomly, every few days, and it's extremely annoying. I'd actually rather have dropped calls--at least then we'd be able to communicate to some extent. Sigh. I love my iphone, but my parents (Ok, my mom), are fed up and ready to switch back to t-mobile. I know AT&T had a lot of issues around the launch of the 3G which were supposedly more or less fixed, so I'm hoping this resolves itself soon. There's not much point in having the iphone if it doesn't reliably work as a phone.

2. jena55 macrumors member

Just curious... What area of the country are you in? I am still am debating the switch myself.

3. Hatshepsut thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in DC. My parents are in Pittsburgh. I pretty much have 5 bars of 3G wherever I go in the DC area or Pittsburgh, so I can only imagine the problem has to do with AT&T's network traffic/capacity.