Major Jailbreaking Problem

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by iChezONeal, Mar 15, 2012.

1. iChezONeal macrumors newbie

I've been trying to Jailbreak my iPad 2 ios 5.0.1 32gb Wifi model with absinthe for the past week off and on and I've yet to be successful, I really need some help!
    Okay so I've seen this problem on here but I feel mine is different. When jailbreaking using absinthe everything works fine until I go to select the app. It pops up saying Wait for absinthe to complete... So I wait it then says to tap jailbreak icon because it didn't work and when I do it says "Absinthe could not be opened." The error was "The URL can't be shown" my options are retry and close. I've tried hitting retry a million times and nothing. I read around and discovered some fixes to the problem but my iTunes is completely up to date and I have no passcode on my iPad. I don't know what else to do, does anyone have any advice?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

you need a internet connection for it to work, you do have your wifi switched on and connected?

Which version did you use win/mac 0.4?

did you toggle your VPN?

3. iChezONeal thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I have wifi, and I leave it connected to the computer. I have the Mac 0.4 and when I try to turn vpn on it never works and I repeatedly hit on and it always fails.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

did you also leave the absinthe tool running on your mac?

also you can try reset all settings

(NOT erase all content and settings)

5. iChezONeal thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I did have it running, and what reset all settings are you talking about?