Major Macbook pixel issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tennismanclay, Feb 3, 2010.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Starting yesterday i noticed mainly pictures becoming all pixelated with red or green pixels instead of what color the pixel was supposed to be. It does it in safari and a lot of applications, kinda hard to explain but here are some pictures....

The only thing i've tried is restarting and that didn't seem to work.

Attached Files:

2. copykris macrumors 6502a

copykris

3. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

to be honest, i don't see anything wrong with it...
    if you can circle or show us where the problem exist maybe it'll be easier for us to explain.

4. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

If it is an LCD issue, it won't show up on a screen shot. Try a camera.

5. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

hahaa, yea i guess i didn't think of that. Just plugged it into my monitor and the pics look fine. ill take some pictures with my camera in a few minutes of what those pictures look like on my macbook.

Added pictures, if you all don't see them the way i'm seeing them i'm going crazy haha.

Attached Files:

6. Pax macrumors 6502a

That looks like a bad LCD panel or a bad connection to the logic board. Particularly the horizontal purple lines across the Safari window.

If you move the display back and forth a bit, do the lines change? If they do, it might be the connection because the cable runs through the hinge.

7. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

The purple line in safari doesnt change when i move the screen back and forth, but a few, not very many, of the green lines slightly change.

So what im hearing is that it has nothing to do with software, and just my lcd going bad, or the connection through the hinges going bad? Could i replace the entire lcd screen or is that possible at an apple store? If possible is that like $100 for a new screen or $800? The computer is either 2 1/2 years old or 3 1/2 years old, not sure. It's a 2.16 Ghz with 2 gigs of ram. Closest apple store is 3 hours away in Dallas, but my parents are going there in a about a week.

8. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Here are two more pictures..

Attached Files:

9. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

It's definitely a hardware problem, you will need to take it into apple for further assistance.