MAJOR problem after porting to T-Mo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mongoos150, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

I'm completely unable to sync to my Mac after porting to T-Mobile! It seems as if iTunes goes online momentarily when you connect your iPhone to your computer, because I am now getting a message "There is a problem with your iPhone." I disabled my mac's internet connection and re-connected the iPhone, and the iPhone information won't even show up! The iPhone (1.1.3) works completely fine independent-of-iTunes (7.6).

Is this some new system to verify all iPhones are on AT&T only? Is there some way to get around this? The iPhone works fine on T-Mo, but I can't sync with my mac!

2. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

Sorry, but it is your fault for taking a product that was not intended to be used on a network other than AT&T and compromising the software. I don't feel sorry for anyone who has problems with an unlocked phone. I pay for my service with AT&T and the cost of my phone probably is as high as it is to cover for all the phones being unlocked that AT&T & Apple never see $ from past the purchase date.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

No SDK for you for two years.

I mean, what do you expect? You want to play cat and mouse with Apple, fine. I truly have no problem with that. But don't expect the cat to just sit there and do nothing.

I have a contract with O2 for exactly this reason, though I did think about what to do for a long time before the iPhone came out here. In the end, I didn't want any hassles with my phone, and I wanted an iPhone, so I ponied up despite the terrible contract terms. Fortunately, as of this month, the revised contract terms are now somewhat reasonable.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I think you did the unlocking wrong.

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I agree; you probably unlocked it wrong, or had some sort of problem in that process.

Hold Wake and Home in for 25 seconds, and then plug it in an see if iTunes will recognize it and reinstall 1.1.3. Then use ZiPhone. Its painless and works in less than 3 minutes, no problems.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I had the same message when trying to get a GoPhone sim working in one of my iPhones. I had to unlock the phone to get the phone to be able to use the AT&T GoPhone sim card under 1.1.3. I can't remember what fixed it but I eventually got it to work and be able to sync under iTunes.

I also got the message that you are getting when I accidentally mixed up two of the sims on my iPhones. I Have one iPhone activated via iTunes with a real iPhone GoPhone plan and that sim is tied to that iPhone. If I try to put that sim into one of my other iPhones, I get the message in iTunes that something is wrong with my iPhone and that it needs to be repaired even though the phone is not unlocked. It could be because this sim is under a GoPhone iPhone plan. Itunes and 1.1.3 have some serious unlocking checking going on and it tends to mess with sims very easily.

I also have an iPhone activated with a real monthly two year contract and that iPhones sim will work in the other two iPhones with no warnings. I have no idea about these sims because it makes no sense.

Basically though, if you use an iPhone for anything other than AT&T offered monthly plans, you are on your own.