MAJOR problem discovered

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nflight4life, Mar 16, 2012.

1. nflight4life macrumors newbie

Got my brand new ipad home...all setup...apps right where I want and just when I thought...ok time to watch some hi-def content on this baby....POOOF....home wifi connection gone on the ipad...checked my iphone which is also on my home wife and he's good - still connected to the home wifi and able to get on w/o a problem. I figured no biggie, I'll just disable/re-enable my wifi connection. Done..all happy for approximately 3 or 4 minutes and again wifi connection goes see ya -- POOF and gone again....wifi signal on ipad says still connected however. WTF! Rebooted the device...internet staying connected so far....

I do remember a minor bug that caused some ipad problems awhile ago but I think apple addressed through an IOS update. Anyone else experiencing any weird anomalies like this with their new Ipad????

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

if it continues try resetting the network settings.

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Saw a video where a guy was like "Hmm, my wifi disappeared."

Maybe there is a small issue.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

Disable wifi, forget the home network then reset up the connection

5. MBAophile macrumors newbie

Mine is rock solid so far insofar as WiFi is concerned. May only be a MAJOR problem with your unit. I will just finish by saying this is the most amazing computing device I have ever owned (my first iPad ever).

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Try resetting your router. I've got Uverse and am stuck with their router and at 10 Wifi connections (easy to do in a large gadget addicted family) I can't hold a connection with my iPad, MBPS or MBA. Resetting router renews DHCP leases and all is working again.

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

No wifi problems here, and I restored from backup over the cloud a few GB, did some streaming (Netflix and YouTube), and downloaded some new apps.

8. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

The vast majority of these issues are with the router. Most of the firmware running routers is crap. Got tired of dropped/refused connections and resetting all the time. Bought an Airport Extreme and I've had zero probs ever since. Well worth the money.

9. nflight4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Uncle Steve probably would tell me that....RIP. After rebooting my ipad, the wifi seems to have stabilized....this thing is truly amazing..especially for me coming from the 1st Gen pad.

10. scupking macrumors 6502a

11. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

My wife's MBA did that for several days. The solution was to go into the settings of the router and reset the DHCP table. Then reset the router. Haven't had any issues since.

12. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

It might be a problem with the new Broadcom chipset and his wireless router/AP. I would check to see if you have any firmware updates for your router.

13. nflight4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem came back shortly after I thought a device reboot fixed it so I went ahead and reloaded my Belkin. WIFI's been solid for an hour or so.

14. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

There's your problem. :p

15. nflight4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's one of the first things I did. I have an Iphone on the wifi as well but didn't notice any connection issues with it so kinda figured it might be something going on with the ipad <--> wifi connection not knowing which one was/is the culprit.

16. big samm macrumors 65816

Linksys router and I have no wifi problem here.

17. caughtinfire macrumors member

caughtinfire

I've been having the same issue on mine at work on both our public hotspot connection and our internal enterprise connection. Over my lunch hour it disconnected at least half a dozen times. I'll be testing it at home to see if it's consistent everywhere but if it does it there, too, I will be quite annoyed. :mad:

18. doboy macrumors 68000

So instead of resetting the device first you decided to post it here as a "major problem."

19. eTip macrumors 6502

"Legit reason to complain"? Sure....but titling the thread "MAJOR problem discovered"....is the source of the backlash. Sort of the equivalent of ads for the local news saying things like "The water you drink could be killing you....story at 11".

20. nflight4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. According to some, I should be okay w/it. Don't think so.

21. Nega macrumors newbie

I had this very same problem with the IPad1. Report it to Apple ASAP. It had nothing to do with my router, connection, etc. The problem was fixed in the next update. I would also suggest returning it for another one. You're probably in a small % of people who are probably affectred by this. Shouldn't be an issue to bring it back.