Major PROBLEM During JailBreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hdhanani, Oct 12, 2007.

1. hdhanani macrumors member

I was in the process of Jail Breaking...and I Downloaded AppTapper and i restored my iPod Touch to the 1.0.2 iPhone firmware and now I cannot restore... because it gives me an error when i try to click RESTORE... what the hell do I do?????????

2. Dublo7 macrumors regular

Keep your iPod plugged into the PC. Hold the Home and Sleep button until the ipod turns off. When it turns off, let go of the SLEEP button while continuing to hold the HOME button. After a while, your ipod will go into restore mode, and itunes will be able to restore it.

3. hdhanani thread starter macrumors member

I tried this and it didn't work...... anything else I can do?

4. SirCrumpet macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

shall we start by you telling us exactly what error message you are getting?

5. hdhanani thread starter macrumors member

okay this is exactly what happened... i was jailbreaking... for some stupid reason i downloaded AppTapp... when i ran it I chose to restore the iphone (even though it was an iPod Touch) to the 1.0.2 firmware... after doing that I realized what the hell i just did and then i tried to restore through iTunes... got an error saying The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (-50)...

Now i am totally stuck i tried pressing hold and sleep key to force the restore but it just didn't work it keeps giving me this error

6. madofrain macrumors member

madofrain

restore

You installed iphone firmware on your ipod touch? :confused: yeesh. Well, i have no idea if the touch would appear in your disk utility tool (HD/applications/utilities) if it does try erasing/reformatting it?...If its bricked already, its worth a shot..

7. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Crap dude. That's a bit full on.

Ummmmmm..... call applecare and tell them your ipod froze wheile sing safari and now it won't restore.....

Try every restoer method out there...

Good luck,

Can anyone please help him?

8. player23 macrumors newbie

I got the same problem that the ipod touch cannot be restored

I tried the above restore method but it did not work, i found on google that the correct way is to "continue to hold both the sleep button and home button for 20-25s after the ipod touch is off" instead of let go of the SLEEP button while continuing to hold the HOME button

Finnally my ipod is turned to recovery mode and i could restore it now~

9. Mitchiee macrumors newbie

I went on the iphuc. site. my ipod crashed. now i can't restore it, I was on the phone with applecare for 2 hours and they said they have no clue how to fix it. its error -18.

Someone Please help

10. Lin macrumors member

Well, also got the error -18.
    I managed to recover, though unsure of how.
    First I tried to restore through iTunes, but it kept giving the -18.

I tried the "hardware reset" by holding the two buttons, same stuff.

On the IPT, I used Settings>General>Reset>All (unsure of the English label)
    then Clear contents and settings

THEN I was able to restore through iTunes :)