Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
So, it's not the antenna, but instead, I can't even open the phone app! I have to reset my phone and then I can open the app once. So each time I want to make a call, I have to reset my whole phone. This just started happening today, and the phone is 2 days old. Any advice? I don't want to do a full restore because I "restored from backup" from my old iPhone. I don't want to lose all those things!

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Do a full restore, then restore from backup.

It re-writes the software fully so should clear up any corrupted code. If that doesn't work then just try restoring as a new phone without restoring from backup (you can always then restore it from a backup later) just to see if it does fix the problem. If not, off to the apple store.....

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I would restore as a new phone, you won't lose anything, as it already in iTunes.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I would restore as a new phone, you won't lose anything, as it already in iTunes.

well you do... you lose all and any app data from apps which don't have a backup facility built in (eg, ifitness, 1password etc). You also lose your nicely arranged pages of apps and have to re-do it all again.

You also lose all past text messages...

but I know what you mean, you don't lose any contacts etc and the apps/music can be re-synced.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008

Can people call you?
Can you do voicemail?
Can you dial numbers from text?

Just curious. But I assume the above works.

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009

Can people call you?
Can you do voicemail?
Can you dial numbers from text?

Just curious. But I assume the above works.

Kind of. When people call or when I dial numbers from text, it always shows the green bar at the top that says "tap to retune to call". If I tap it, it briefly opens the phone interface but then crahses back to the home screen with the green bar at the top again. I can't end calls either.

Jeffrosproto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Have you tried deleting/closing the phone app from the multitasking bar?

While this may not solve the problem, maybe it would prevent the need to reset to make every call?

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Have you tried deleting/closing the phone app from the multitasking bar?

While this may not solve the problem, maybe it would prevent the need to reset to make every call?

Yup, tried that and it still happens :( I just finished doing a restore, and I'm re-syncing everything, so hopefully it will work now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.