Major problem with iPhoto Faces... mixing faces up!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kepardue, Feb 14, 2009.

1. kepardue macrumors 6502

Okay, I just noticed a MAJOR problem with iPhoto faces. After spending days working on my tags, all of a sudden I've noticed several of them missing and merged with other tags that they really shouldn't be merged with. For instance, all of the tags of my niece now seem to be merged with my nephew's tag (i.e., all of her faces are tagged with his, and her face isn't anywhere to be seen). What's more, all of the tags that I've assigned to my son now seem to be assigned to me. Now, I don't mind fixing some issues, but I've got nearly 3000 pictures of my son!

I didn't notice this until I imported new pictures from a camera today.

Very frustrated by this, anyone else have any similar problems?

2. seekndestroy macrumors newbie

Same problem here.

I've already sent feedback to apple.

3. Applebytheballs macrumors newbie

also annoyed

Same (really Irritating!!!!!) problem here.

Mixed my gf and my sister (talk about weird) haha

4. mik34 macrumors member

That could be interesting!

5. Applebytheballs macrumors newbie

haha yeah... weird, but more than that it makes me want to stop updating faces/places until they get this crap sorted out... irritating to put hours into feeding "faces" information for something like that to "happen".

6. andyloc macrumors member

Seems to be a few too many bugs I'm this version of iLife. I was wanting to start organising my photos, after finishing my music with iTunes, but think I'm going to wait for apple to release a point upgrade.

There just seems to be too many bugs posted in here and the official apple discussions.

One bugging me still is why after a photo is imported, add a few keywords, add places and faces then export with all keywords and places data ticket the file size grows by megabytes compared to the original size. Surely some descriptions/keywords shouldn't do this?

Cheers