Major Problem with my iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by BCMH, Oct 31, 2007.

1. BCMH macrumors newbie

I tried to jailbreak my iPod touch..

I went to the iJailBreak main site on the safari web browser in my iPod and was told safari can't download files so i closed safari and went back to listening to my music but when i went to cover flow mode, the album artwork was all gone and so i connected it to my laptop (Vista) so that i could restore and sync my music back into my iPod. But, to my dismay, iTunes did not detect my iPod at all and even after i reset my iPod, it still did not show up on iTunes.

Even before my music was erased by me when i reset the iPod, i tried going back to the "Music" menu on my iPod and before it loads the music, it unexpectedly goes back to the main screen. The same thing happens when i tap "Videos" and "iTunes" but not "Photos". I thought maybe it was my laptop or a problem with vista so i tried it on two other XP computers and still iTunes did not detect my iPod at all.. Did i mistakenly download a virus?? from the iJailBreak website??

Someone please help me i am so frustrated! :mad:

2. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

Try connecting it to a mac if possible, if not make sure you have tried the obvious stuff such as resetting it and letting the battery die etc; last resort take it to the apple store and if you have to tell them what happened say it was a dodgy pop up dont tell them what you did lol

3. BCMH thread starter macrumors newbie

Outcome

Thanks for replying. I tried all that and it did not work. Anyway, I sent it back to the Apple service centre and since it was under warranty, they will replace it with a new one. :)