Major problem with touch id on iphone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anon.guy, Sep 9, 2016.

1. anon.guy macrumors regular

Is anyone else having problems with the touch id on the 6s? For the past few days, it stopped working, it barely reads my fingerprint and the phone is freshly restored on 9.3.5. I don't wanna sound too "tinfoil" but my problems started coincidentally one day before the iphone 7 event and my phone is almost 2 month old.

2. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Have you tried cleaning he sensor? Mine works just as well as the day I bought it. If all else, bring it to the Apple Store for replacement.

3. anon.guy thread starter macrumors regular

It worked fine before, I was barely cleaning the sensor, maybe when my finger was sweaty. The thing is, on ios 10, it works as it should but not on 9.3.5.

4. pr0230 Suspended

google Iphone 6 touch disease... serious no joke

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Fairly certain that that relates to a different issue that the OP is not experiencing.

6. anon.guy thread starter macrumors regular

I said "touch ID" meaning the fingerprint sensor, not the screen. And I think I read on some article that 6s is not prone to this problem like the 6

7. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Maybe your fingers are sweaty? I know I had an awful time trying to unlock my 6s during preorders last night :confused: that sh*t was stressful!

8. anon.guy thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, maybe. I'll try a restore, tho. What if, somehow, this problem relates to the fact that I have the TvOS beta profile installed to block the ios 10 update?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't seem like one would impact the other. But you could always remove the profile and try it out, or try resetting TouchID or settings in general.