Major Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ninman, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ninman macrumors member

Hi all, so I tried installing Windows vista using bootcamp so I could play games on my macbook pro, but a friend of mine suggested just creating my own partition without bootcamp. So we did this, however the vista partition took over my computer, and I couldn't boot from anything else, and couldn't wipe the vista partition that I had created.

So my friend continued to play with the computer and managed to wipe the hard drive clean. Now we are trying to reinstall Mac OSX, but when it gets to the part where it asks me where I want to install it (which hard drive), it just hangs, doesn't do anything.

So I basically have a Macbook Pro with a corrupted hard drive, that I can't clean, wipe or reinstall the Mac OS on. Can anyone help me to fix this?

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

At the install, use disk utility to reformat your internal hard drive as one partition and mac osx journaled (extended).

Then install.

Hope that works.

3. ninman thread starter macrumors member

Disk utility doesn't see the hard drive. The computer doesn't realise that there is a hard drive at all.

4. jgo78 macrumors 6502

your friend had a bad idea me think.

5. ninman thread starter macrumors member

sorry, misunderstood what you said, that did the trick. Thanks a lot.

6. mladenz macrumors regular

I assume you deleted your OSX partition, that's what i once did when i was trying to install xp on bootcamp but installed it on the wrong partition.

I'm affraid you'll have to take it to the Apple Store, or.... you have another option and reinstall using another mac, dont know how it goes but i've read it somewhere:p