Major problems with installation

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Bluegiz90, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Bluegiz90 macrumors member

I have a brand new 27inch iMac which I want to install Windows 7 - 64bit on.

Everything was good, it installed on the 150GB Partition I allocated towards it. However after the installation, It says "Windows is starting" (This is during the installation, when it requires to restart to install.) then suddenly my screen goes off.

I can hear the computer still running etc but the monitor just wont do anything, I forced it off and turned it back on which it was fine untill the exact same point when trying to start windows, it just turns off =/

Any help please?
    Thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have installed Windows 7 on a different iMac (that isn't officially supported by Apple, but it works), and have noticed the same thing happening. The problem is not serious - for me it turns back on in less than a minute. All it's doing is trying to change the resolution.

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

There's another thread on this somewhere but the fix is adding an external monitor to the iMac. The continuation of the install is redirected to the external displayport for some reason. You can then finish the install from there.

Cheers,