Major props to apple! New Retina 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phillipjlael, Jun 20, 2013.

1. phillipjlael, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013

phillipjlael macrumors newbie

Monday i ordered a refurbished 15 retina macbook pro. Was a 2.6 16gb ram and 512gb. Paid 2189 for it. I got it today and i couldn't use any number keys on it and everything was in caps so the shift key was stuck on it. I took it into the apple store and they looked at it and said the keyboard was shot and needed to be replaced. He said i had two options. Ether they could replace the keyboard there but it wouldn't be ready until monday. Or i could have them make a note to apple and i call them and have them send me another one and i would send the broke one back. I told him i didn't like ether option cause i wanted it now. I did much research and heard from everyone online that refurbished macs are as good as new ones. So he talked to the manager and ended up giving me a Early 2013 2.7 16gb ram 512gb for a even exchange! So i pretty much got a brand new 2013 macbook that cost 2799 for 2198! Sweet deal! Thank you Apple! ........ Now to to and figure out what screen is on this thing lol

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

You meant early 2013, because late 2013 rMBP is around the corner... ;)

Congrats :), you paid a fair price for all troubles they got you through!

3. phillipjlael thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea lol that's what i mean. Was to excited lol. Also it's a Samsung screen. That's a good thing correct? Oh and now i won't feel so bad when the Late 2013 that's around the corner. I couldn't wait anymore so i pulled the trigger and it paid off for me.

4. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Good luck with your new machine! I can vouch for the one you now have and it is by far the best mac I've ever owned.

5. phillipjlael thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Yea so far it's a major improvement over my late 2008 macbook pro 15. I just have to get used to SSD space management now. Must use externals more.

6. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

512GB is not enough? userious? :eek:

7. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

8. phillipjlael thread starter macrumors newbie

Samsung i believe.

----------

Well i had 750Gb on my old macbook lol

9. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

did the model with LSN or LP?

10. phillipjlael thread starter macrumors newbie

Lsn

11. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Good on you for posting your story, so many wingers on here. I have a 2013 Lsn and its great.
    Apple will look after you, some times all you have to do is ask. I just had a screen replaced on a 3.5 year old 21" iMac for free just by asking. $700 worth.

12. phillipjlael thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea they really do look after you. At first they were gonna give me a 2.8 8gb ram and 512gb. He asked if the 8gb was a deal breaker for me. I told him it was cause i couldn't upgrade it later. Tried telling me nothing really uses over 8gb memory. I was like yes maybe now not much does, but 2-4 years from now there might be. He said the only 16gb they had was the maxed out model that was 1400 more that i paid. I was like there's no way i'm gonna pay that difference. So he was gonna ask the manager if i could pay 600 and they eat the rest of the difference. At first i was like sure if he can do that then i'll do it. Then i thought about it and didn't wanna spend anymore money so i went to go find him and tell him that the 8gb one for a even exchange would be fine. But before i could open my mouth he told me they found the one they ended up giving me in the back. I was like awesome! Was thinking i was gonna have to still pay a little bit of the difference but he gave me the receipt for it showing the 2189 price and told me to have a great day..... I've been having the most horrible luck since monday..... long story lol So to finally have something go my way was great. I filled him in on the horrible things that have been happening and he was like man that sucks i'm sorry, hopefully this makes things better. It sure did!

13. zipur macrumors 6502

I just hope you Pay It Forward, do something nice for someone else who you wouldn't normally help. Or give to some feed the children or Veterans group.
    Keep this Blessing, Good Luck, Sweet Deal thing going. Pay it Forward.