Major Screen Issues on both 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nStyle, Nov 15, 2014.

1. nStyle macrumors 65816

I am testing both a 6 and 6+ to see which one I prefer, but both have noticeable screen issues.

The 6 is noticeably darker in the top right corner, and the colors look a tad washed out compared to my 5S I had.

The 6+ has an annoying graduating color temperature from warm on the bottom to cool on the top. It's not a significant deviation between uniformity, but it's still noticeably so.

I've also sold several 6/6+ as I work for a rural cell carrier and have been seeing largely the same things. One 6+ was so bad I felt bad for selling it because it had a noticeably darker band on the top edge of the screen.

I'm sure there are other threads on this but I just wanted to express my own disdain for these devices. I'm not even sure I prefer the design over the 5S, and I've never felt that way with any iPhone.

This is coming from a very long-term iPhone/iPad user (I've had every iteration of both).

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I have never seen even one iPhone 6 with these problem but I have seen a few people mention this in forums. It would be foolish of course to suppose all of them have or don't have this issue based on the several or even several dozen that we have seen. So far all the iPhone 6 I've seen have excellent, even astounding displays. No defects at all.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Obviously, not bad enough… :D:D

4. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I replaced two 6+ and currently on my third that suffer from this issue, but mine is from left to right. However, people here will deny what you're saying though, or state that it is not much of a problem for a $600+ phone :rolleyes:

5. lrsone macrumors 6502

My current 6, (which is a replacement from my original one that I bought) seems a bit darker on the right hand corner where the battery is. I don't know if I should go to Apple and explain this to them cause I seem people on here say Apple didn't exchange their phones.

6. JanDdd macrumors newbie

I feel sorry for those people that always seem to find some reason to exchange their phone which, I'm pretty sure, is perfect. Of course the 2nd and the 3rd suffer from the same issue, because the issue is in your head and not in your phone. The 4th and 5th phone will have the same issue, you will see :D.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Agreed.

I predict the OP will never be happy as even $600 does not near guarantee "perfect" in everyone's eyes. I am owned every iPhone from day one and never had a problem that required one to be replaced except for one and that was because it just plain would not power up.

I know this is only my experience and there are bad units out there but when I hear people going though 3, 4 and even 5 units, all I can think is how much Apple must raise their prices to all of us to make a very few happy.

8. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Apple don't care how many replace and replace, they simple add he stats to their total shipped iPhones. Funny that they never disclose how many returns they've had.

9. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

I couldn't agree with you more, every screen has an issue and a great majority of people do not see it. For all the people that say its all in ones head are the majority that don't see and more power to them , I wish I was that way!

10. HurricaneTrack macrumors member

HurricaneTrack

[​IMG]

#applause

11. JanDdd macrumors newbie

Yet another guy that seems to be on this forum just to complain about just anything. Be a man and buy Samsung for instance if you don't like Apple products :cool:.

12. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

Wow what a great idea! Thanks for the advice!!

13. nStyle thread starter macrumors 65816

No one says we or anyone who complains doesn't love Apple products. If anything, sometimes we are over critical of that which we cherish most. I demand perfection from a $749 phone, sorry. And I'm not complaining just to complain. I'll correct my situation if need be, so don't worry about me.

Just because you haven't come across the issue since you either haven't bought one at all or the one you got is seemingly ok, or a myriad of other factors, doesn't mean you should automatically discount the experiences of others.

14. kalebnate macrumors 6502

The thing is OP, some people such as JanDdd (and many others here) feel threatened when you criticize apple products. For example JanDdd says he is SURE that my replaced phones were perfect, because he assumes Apple can never have a design flaw, nor make mistakes, or have common manufacturer issues, they prefer to live in that bubble because it's safe and it is related to Cognitive consonance after a product purchase. I own a MacBook, apple tv, ipads and iphones, but will still criticize them if they have flaws. My MacBook has a yellow tint but it is FINE because it's uniform. My iPhone had a gradient of cool to yellow tint from left to right, which is NOT FINE because I can see the difference. Anyway, they won't agree with you, thinking you're a troll because they would go to their friends stating that their phones are flawless, and anyone else stating otherwise is threatening that integrity and therefore you must be a troll or having illusions. See for them, the problem isn't in the phone, it's with the users (even if there are countless of people having the same issues). They just won't see it.

15. Damolee macrumors 6502

And a lot of Apple staff live with the same logic.

Like a deluded cult most of the time.

16. sometimes1 macrumors newbie

I have checked around 20 iphone 6, and all except two had this problem.

The first one i had was terrible. This is my second and and it's still bad.

Much darker on the top of the screen.

Attached Files:

17. sometimes1 macrumors newbie

Apple exhanged mine on warranty. I live in Norway so we don't have apple stores.. Had to send it in.

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Really?

How many companies inform the public on how many defective units they have had?

Ridiculous!:rolleyes:

19. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

The 2nd and 3rd suffer from the same issue because it is there, not in the buyer's head. My iPhone 6 has the darker upper right corner and I've seen it on most 6s in the Apple store to some degree. I'm not exchanging my phone because it is minor and I don't hold out any hope of getting a perfect one, but I can assure you that it is not in my head. I would argue that some people don't or can't notice screen irregularities and you may be one.

20. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I used to think you're cool when I first joined here, then I realized how you troll/mock people with legitimate problems with their iPhones and simply denying that they might have some truth in what they say.

21. Newtons Apple, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Looks like you were mistaken!