Major screen rendering issues - Mavericks Update

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Pookieinc, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Pookieinc macrumors member

Dear MacRumors peeps,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem. When my screen turns off, even if it's for one second, and I move my mouse, I get a lot of screen failure (See screenshot). This is the third time it's happened, one was after a long sleep where the lid was closed, and the second and third times were instantaneous just after my monitor turned off (for power saver).

It's a bit worrisome, has anyone encountered this? I have a Macbook Pro Retina (first gen) 15'', and I just installed Mavericks last night. Maybe a corrupted install?

Let me know! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. amiau93 macrumors newbie

rendering issues too!

I am having similar rendering/graphics issues! Haven't found many people with the same problem though!

Attached Files:

3. emidoo macrumors newbie

I am having the same rendering issue

Ever since installing Mavericks my graphics display jumbles windows, icons and other items on my desktop. I´m having a hard time typing emails because the letters are completely distorted. How can I fix this? its horrendous!

4. back2black macrumors newbie

I've got exactly the same issue too, Cant believe there isn't more people talking about this problem!!

5. davelanger macrumors 6502a

some sites when I scroll it does flash the webpage off and on.
    i never happened when I was on snow leopard

6. dak1212 macrumors newbie

Same screen issues here. Sometimes my icons are good, but the text description goes screwy.

7. tyechan macrumors newbie

Only happens with my HD Intel Graphics chip. It's fine when using NVIDIA chip.

Thought it was just it failing, but guess not?

[​IMG]

Mid 2010 15" MBP.