Major System Font Problem!!!!! HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cparkphoto, Mar 8, 2010.

1. cparkphoto macrumors member

Looking for any suggestions that will keep me from wiping my system and doing a fresh install!!! I am running 10.6.2 on a macbook pro. The other day I installed a trial of Flash CS4 and it was constantly crashing on startup. I read that a lot of other people were having the same problem due to some fonts. Soooo.. I opened up fontbook and selected all my fonts and selected "validate fonts" Then I selected them and used the resolve duplicates. This completely screwed up my system. A bunch of applications would no longer launch. When i restarted the computer the dock wouldnt load and the fonts along my task bar were all screwed up. After using the computer for a few moments it would hit a kernel panic and do the endless beach ball while the fans went crazy... Is there anything I can do to get back to the original snow leopard fonts??? I could care less about any non default fonts in the system because I have them backed up and can always go back and find them when i need them. Luckily everything on the computer is backed up but id prefer not to wipe the system just to fix a stupid font problem!!! Computer wont even boot into safe mode. i end up with my desktop background and a few garbled icons that should be in the task bar...

2. cparkphoto thread starter macrumors member

Problem hopefully solved!! Realized I had a time machine back up of my system fonts folder. Ran a restore and wiped my user/library/fonts folder and everything all of a sudden seems to be ok... fingers crossed