Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

je355804

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Hello everyone, I would first like to start by saying that I have done everything I could possibly think of to solve this problem and I am still stuck. I have been trying different things that people have posted on here with no luck so far... I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction...

So I just boot camped win 7 32 bit onto my mid 2010 mac book pro. Problem is I CANNOT find my mac osx installation CD anywhere... My mac is the one which has the NVidia 320M 256Mb... I borrowed two other people's installation CDs, however, their MBPs aren't the same generation as mine, so I think I am running into a lot of problems because of that.

First of all, when I use the borrowed Mac Osx CD from my friends the win7 says my graphics card is "standard VGA graphics adapter" and I am not getting any sound. So I am assuming now that I have to have MY mac osx cd because when I am loading bootcamp onto windows I am apparently not loading on the correct drivers? Someone let me know if I am on track here?

Second of all when I go to download updated drivers from the following link http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers, I am able to get them up and going, but when I go to install it says "Required Files Are Missing."

Like I said, I am very frustrated by all this... I would like to solve this as quickly as possible, and I am hoping anyone out there could help me!

(I was also wondering, is there a way I can download the correct version of mac osx cd that I need? I forgot to mention I currently go to med school in a foriegn country, so calling up mac and having them send me a copy isn't really an option here...)

Ok well THANK YOU VERY MUCH to anyone who may be able to help me!!!

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello everyone, I would first like to start by saying that I have done everything I could possibly think of to solve this problem and I am still stuck. I have been trying different things that people have posted on here with no luck so far... I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction...

So I just boot camped win 7 32 bit onto my mid 2010 mac book pro. Problem is I CANNOT find my mac osx installation CD anywhere... My mac is the one which has the NVidia 320M 256Mb... I borrowed two other people's installation CDs, however, their MBPs aren't the same generation as mine, so I think I am running into a lot of problems because of that.

First of all, when I use the borrowed Mac Osx CD from my friends the win7 says my graphics card is "standard VGA graphics adapter" and I am not getting any sound. So I am assuming now that I have to have MY mac osx cd because when I am loading bootcamp onto windows I am apparently not loading on the correct drivers? Someone let me know if I am on track here?

Second of all when I go to download updated drivers from the following link http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers, I am able to get them up and going, but when I go to install it says "Required Files Are Missing."

Like I said, I am very frustrated by all this... I would like to solve this as quickly as possible, and I am hoping anyone out there could help me!

(I was also wondering, is there a way I can download the correct version of mac osx cd that I need? I forgot to mention I currently go to med school in a foriegn country, so calling up mac and having them send me a copy isn't really an option here...)

Ok well THANK YOU VERY MUCH to anyone who may be able to help me!!!
DId you try the drivers straight from nvidia? It's what I did with my non-unibody.

je355804

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
DId you try the drivers straight from nvidia? It's what I did with my non-unibody.

Ok actually I was able to update my version of NVidia 320M... after a trying a million different things, I actually found something that worked right after I made that post...

Now my only problem is finding a version of boot camp that is compatible with my macbook...

Could anyone possibly tell me if it's possible to find a version of bootcamp for download? That goes with the mid 2010 13 inch MBP?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Could anyone possibly tell me if it's possible to find a version of bootcamp for download?
The only legitimate source for these drivers is the install disc you are missing. We are not allowed by forum rules to point you to any illegitimate sources. I'm sure they are out there, but we can't give you a link even if we had one.

B

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Just call Apple and buy a new set of discs. They are not expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.