Majorly Excited AND Majorly Disappointed by 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tones2, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I was very excited about yesterday's event because I thought it would result in one of 2 things:

1) There would be an iPhone 5 with a 4"+ screen and a major redesign, and possibly 64 GB, and I would love Apple and be in device heaven

2) There would not be an iPhone 5 nor 64 GB and I would finally have the impedus to jump ship and get a Samsung Nexus Prime, and I would hate Apple for once again going the planned obsolence route and be glad that they would get reamed by the consumers and press

During the presentation, it certainly looked like it was going to be #2 above all the way, but just when I was going to give up, they snuck in the 64 GB at the end. My immediate feeling was one of shear joy and major disappontment. I knew that I would have to stick with Apple soley because I really need the storage space and no one else can give me 64 GB on board at one time and was very excited to finally be able to store most of my media on my phone, but majorly disappointed tht I'm stuck again with such an old school phone that will be far behind the competition in a few months (if not out of the gate). But I will give Apple credit for actually giving us the option of 64 GB phone, even if it's expensive - I think that was somewhat of a bold move in this market.

Oh well - Did anyone else feel exactly the same?

Tony

2. xwinger macrumors member

How could you expect iphone 5 when there were months of 'leaks' and rumors that it would be 4s with limited changes?

i wasnt surprised at all, only because i check macrumors home page every few days.

its not like they would come out with this new phone that there was no sign of before, no leaks or anything

3. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I didn't really expect it at the end. But there was still SOME hope up until the presentation. It's like thinking you are going to win the Lotto until you actually start checking the ticket for the winning numbers. :)

Tony

4. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

why in the world does anyone need 64 GB on their phones? What do you load it up with that you have to have that kind of storage?

5. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a friggin' MEDIA DEVICE - music, videos, photos, apps. If you want a PHONE, buy something else. :rolleyes:

Tony

6. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

So by your logic the only reason the iPhone 4S is behind the competition is because it still sports the same 3.5" display?

Guess that means the Droid X2 was garbage when it was released for keeping the same 4.3" display. Same thing with the EVO vs the EVO 3D. And don't fire back saying "when they switched to the EVO 3D they added the 3D display though!" The retina display is second to none.

7. PhoneI macrumors 65816

how about 1080P video

8. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

My disappointment is not that the iPhone it kept the SAME display size, but because a 3.5" screen size is too small by TODAY'S standards of how many of us like to you a phone / media device, specifically for videos, gaming and internet browsing. The Droid didn't change screen size because 4.3" is large enough. Anywhere in the 4.2 - 4.6" range is where modern phones should be for modern uses AND still be able to fit in your pocket and used reasonably as a phone.

Tony

9. eric.john macrumors member

People with ipod classics could use this. The abundance of space is great.

10. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed. :)

Tony

11. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

I've never once found myself wishing for better video quality on my phone.

Then again, I don't understand this obsession with taking pictures or video constantly -- it seems like sorority girl behavior from college.

12. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I think 3.5" is big enough. But think about it this way, the iPhone has a resolution of 960x640 on a 3.5 inch screen.

The Droid x2 Has 960x540 on a 4.3 inch screen.

That means the pixel density is way better on the iPhone, and it looks much better as a result. I'd rather keep "retina" and keep the size small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably.

----------

Not about doing it constantly, but taking them whenever you'd normally use a point and shoot. I use my iPhone camera to take pictures on trips and special events. And then since a camera is handy, from time to time even places you'd normally not have a point and shoot.

Its good to capture memories. They are fun to look back on later on.

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

MUSIC. Some people have very extensive music collections. Mine personally is 40gb, and until now I haven't been able to always have it all wherever I go.

Plus, if you're gonna shoot HD video (honestly, it looks like the iPhone 4s produces better video than my HD camcorder as long as you don't need to zoom) you need a TON of storage space

14. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Well there you go...You don't like taking video, so obviously its a useless feature. I can play the same game....Never once did I want a bigger screen on my iPhone.