Make a bootable dvd

cool11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I copy the process from here:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15659622#15659622

Right click on “Mac OS X Lion” installer and choose the option to “Show Package Contents.”
Inside the Contents folder that appears you will find a SharedSupport folder and inside the SharedSupport folder you will find the “InstallESD.dmg.” This is the Lion boot disc image we have all been waiting for.
Copy “InstallESD.dmg” to another folder like the Desktop.
Launch Disk Utility and click the burn button.
Select the copied “InstallESD.dmg” as the image to burn, insert a standard sized 4.7 GB DVD, and wait for your new Lion Boot Disc to come out toasty hot.

Here is what I see:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9122/lionm.jpg

Where is the sharefolder folder?

proimage1

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Just a quick question - I just recently switched over to Mac, so I'm still trying to find my way around ( enjoying to by the way ) -- I can't seem to find the install icon ( if that's what it is ) evidently I deleted it after the installation of Lion. Bad habit of mine I guess, but I usually dump finished files into the trash, then empty the trash after that. Not really a big deal I don't guess, but I was hoping to make a backup DVD of Lion just in case I ever needed it.

Thanks in advance !

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Just a quick question - I just recently switched over to Mac, so I'm still trying to find my way around ( enjoying to by the way ) -- I can't seem to find the install icon ( if that's what it is ) evidently I deleted it after the installation of Lion. Bad habit of mine I guess, but I usually dump finished files into the trash, then empty the trash after that. Not really a big deal I don't guess, but I was hoping to make a backup DVD of Lion just in case I ever needed it.
It deletes itself after install.

iPadlover123

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
Any solution to my problem?
The Installer file is deleted after you install Lion in order to save space on your drive.

You will have to re download it from the Mac App Store in order to be able to make a bootable DVD...

whitethunder

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2009
FYI to get the dmg for if you didn't make a bootable dvd before the install completed:

I just went back in time to my time machine backup just before I clicked the install button and the mac os x lion installer was in /Applications, I just restored it and Im ready to rock out the bootable dvd!!