Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

partyfart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Netherlands
People, i have a great idea (if i may say so :rolleyes: ). Is it posibble or alowed to edit the phone.app?

See:
phone.png

I want to make an extra button when phoning and add some extra functions to the call? Is this possible or allowed?

Love to hear from you. I'm not a programmer, just someone with a great idea!:D

Or can i, during a call, open an app and pass, for example, sounds through the phone? To add sounds directly to/in that call?

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Is this possible?

yes and no.

My app Escape Pod does that but only when you're on a call in Speaker Mode and play a sound then. It's not possible to write directly to the microphone, it has to come out the speaker. It's also not possible to capture the input to the microphone while on a call.

partyfart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Netherlands
yes and no.

My app Escape Pod does that but only when you're on a call in Speaker Mode and play a sound then. It's not possible to write directly to the microphone, it has to come out the speaker. It's also not possible to capture the input to the microphone while on a call.

Thanks, this is what i needed. Hopefully the SDK gets an update and will allow this. I really want this feature!! Thx again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.