Make a VPN?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Axgema, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Axgema macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I know this may sound weird, but I would like to make a VPN between my iPhone and computer at home, but I don't know how. I've looked online everywhere, but I can't seem to find a guide to making a VPN to connect safely between my computer and iPhone. All there is is guides to connecting to one, but not to starting one and then connecting to it with and iPhone, iPod, or iPad. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use (no messing around with ports), which comes in handy if providing remote support to those who aren't very computer literate. You can talk them through the setup on their end and be connected to them in less than a minute. It's also free for personal use. I prefer it over LogMeIn because it includes free file transfers between computers, a feature I use frequently.

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I think op meant having a VPN ip not a remote control app.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Many ask for VPN when their intent is remote control and file transfer, so it's worth mentioning.