Make Blog Type Website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Josh Kahane, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

So I am making a review website. I would currently like the general format to be like a blog.

So My latest review is at the top, but importantly, as I add a new review it pushes the older ones down the page. How can I do this?

In addition to that, how would I make it so that once I hot the bottom of my webpage it tok the old ones over the next page?

Lastly, how can I make a comment system? So that if someone were to click on a review they see at the bottom a simple comment system allowing them to add comments?

Would appreciate any help, thank you.

2. Dunmail macrumors regular

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Any of the web cms systems can handle this, but if you want to do it the easy way, try either Blogger or Wordpress. If you don't want to use a hosted system, you can install Wordpress on your own web space. A third option is to use RapidWeaver - the blog plugin supports commenting via Haloscan.

4. Josh Kahane thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok cool. Another thought I just had was how can I tag entries/reviews so that when someone searches my website they appear?

5. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

I know from experience that both Blogger and Wordpress let you do this at the same time as you write the post.

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Wordpress will be perfect for you - you can host it yourself or use wordpress.com and there is even a review/rating plugin so people can give star ratings to your entries if that's something you're interested in.

Check it out :)

/Doug