Make cursor move seamlessly between displays

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sound214, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Sound214 macrumors 6502

Yesterday I bought two additional displays to my Retina Macbook Pro, which means I now have three external displays, plus the built in display. The Macbook display is below the top one, and in between the two on the sides (see picture)

[​IMG]

For me to get the cursor from the Macbook display to the side ones, I have to slam the cursor to the one I want, otherwise it just sticks to the edge. However, it's working great to move it to the top one, since it's edge-to-edge in "Display arrangement". How can I solve this? I don't want to change the resolution on the Macbook Pro, since I like "Best for Retina". Also, I don't want an app that moves the cursor via shortcuts, since it's even more annoying.

If I move the Macbook display in system preferences like this:

[​IMG]

it works on the left side, but the problem remains on the right.

Any tips?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Can you rotate the middle upper monitor in portrait ? Or do you need landscape ? That could fill the gap.

On a other side it could be interesting to see if the screen layout could be modified via software. Once you move the mouse to left side the retina screen would close the left gap; same on the right side.
    Is that possible? I have no idea. Others might know :eek:

3. Sound214 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I'll be watching plenty of Starcraft on Twitch.tv, which would be silly in portrait. Nice idea, though!

I have no idea, I've been googling like a freak. It seems like a very niche problem, but it's very annoying having to slam the cursor through the barrier that is my screen edge.

4. ChristianJapan, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013

ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan