Make disks appear on the secondary desktop

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by harlleysathler, Nov 25, 2013.

1. harlleysathler macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm currently running Mavericks on a Mac mini with two displays attatched to it.

My finder's settings is to show all my hard disks, external disks, usb disks, optical disks, network volumes, etc. on the desktop.

I wish to know from you if there's a way to make them appear by default on the secondary screen instead of the primary one.

The default behavior is to show them on the right side of the primary screen and I want to make them appear on the right side of the secondary screen.

Thanks in advance!

2. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

Pretty simple I would have though. Click on the desktop and press command+J an then make sure the desktop isn't ordered or arranged by name, set them to none, then drag them over to your second desktop.
    The position of the icons is remembered

3. chabig macrumors 601

4. harlleysathler thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your repply.

I know I can only drag the icons and that the position will be remembered but every time a new disk is mounted I need to clear my main display and drag the icon to the secondary one.

Despite better than nothing, I'm looking for a way to force the system to allways and automatically shows these icons on the seconday display.

5. chabig macrumors 601

I don't think there is a way.