Make iCal like gCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nesl247, Jun 25, 2008.

1. nesl247 macrumors member

I'm a pretty new mac user (about 2 weeks), and I'd really like to use ical instead of gcal (don't want to use a web based calendar if I don't have to).

In gCal, you are able to just click on the day you want the event created in month view, and it pops up a little box to input the event.. You can also just do something like 7 - 9:30p and it will create the event with the time being 7 to 9:30 pm..

Is there any way to do this in ical?

Thanks

2. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

Welcome!

Yep, you just go into Day or Week view, click and drag from the time you want your even to start at, and let go when you hit the time you want it to stop at.

in Month view, you can doubleclick on a day and it will create an event an hour long from around the time it is right now.

I think that answers your question. Let me know if it works?

3. nesl247 thread starter macrumors member

Nope doesn't answer my question. I'm trying to replicate the gcal functionality 100%, I don't want to change the way I work, if I have to, no sense in using ical. Gcal works a lot easier if it can't be replicated.

Thanks for the tips though.

4. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

Ok, I don't think you'll ever find the exact functionality in any program, unless google makes a standalone app (not very likely) I just tested in my gcal, and I don't really see all that much of a difference between the two methods.

Hopefully you can find something that will satisfy your needs.