Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
I use my Macbook with a large external display at home, leaving my macbook sitting open across the desk from me. I like to position my iTunes library on the laptop's display screen, but my eyesight's not great and sometimes it can be hard to quickly adjust from staring at my huge external display to my comparitively tiny 13" Macbook display which is at the opposite end of my desk. What I'd like is some sort of iTunes add-on or similar which will allow me to change text-size, customize my playback controls and potentially display a nice big 'now playing' display giving me plenty of information about the currently playing track/album/playlist etc...

I know this is a big ask but I'm just wondering of anything like this already exists in 3rd-party app form??

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Sorry, I should have been more precise - I'm not looking for a 'full-screen media player' as such, as I still want to be able to use my external screen to carry on working as normal - I'm just hoping for some way to make my iTunes library and play controls more user-friendly as I do it.....?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The best I can think of is to lower the screen resolution as low as it'll go, and remove any unnecessary columns in the iTunes screen. Another choice is to try and find a really big widget that you can stick to your screen... I was going to try to take a screen shot of it for you at a low-res, but it doesn't look like it ships with Lion :(

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Yeah I had thought about dropping the resolution but the lowest it goes is 1024x768 and it's not really much better.... I think I need a less 'busy' interface, though I'm not totally sure what form that might take...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.