Make iTunes not check for new firmware for a while?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bask Oner, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Bask Oner macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

My iTunes still thinks that my 1.0.2 firmware is up to date, and is set to discover 1.1.1 tomorrow. Is there any way that I can alter the date for update checking? I plan to stick with 1.0.2 for a while and would rather not be bugged about updating.

Thanks!

Matt :apple:

2. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

in itunes click itunes in menubar and then search for new version or something like that

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Why does it matter that is tells you there is a new version? It doesn't force you to install it it just sits there...

Would it being there make the temptation to update too tempting??? :D

4. aerospace macrumors 6502a

perhaps he's a drunk downloader. when your senses are impaired you may accidentally click update :p

...no I don't drink but I've seen plenty of strange things happen to drunks ;)

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

When the pop-up window detects the new download, there's a checkbox at the bottom that you can check off to "never ask again" or something like that, check off that box then just simply hit cancel.. it won't ask you to update after that..

6. Bask Oner thread starter macrumors newbie

I've never drunk downloaded, but I have drunk dialed so I should be careful. Thanks for the help dudes.

Matt :eek: