Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasondinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2014
Hi guys,

We made an app called Live Paper to let you convert GIF/Movie to Live Photos, which then can be used as your lock screen wallpaper on iPhone 6S/6S Plus. It's currently under review by Apple, but we're opening a final beta to test it further in case there is any serious bug. Here is a short video of my current wallpaper. You can register for the beta here. I will be around for a few hours to answer any questions.

The app will allow you to export up to 5 times for free, then require a single in-app purchase to unlock unlimited uses. If you're beta testing you'll get the in-app purchase for free :).

P/S: We're the team that made Lively (convert Live Photos to GIF/Movie) and Lean (clean up Live Photos by removing video components). If you like Live Paper, check them out as well. Thanks!

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I registered. This has promise. I'd love an app to pull Live Photos from video.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Hi guys,

We made an app called Live Paper to let you convert GIF/Movie to Live Photos, which then can be used as your lock screen wallpaper on iPhone 6S/6S Plus. It's currently under review by Apple, but we're opening a final beta to test it further in case there is any serious bug. Here is a short video of my current wallpaper. You can register for the beta here. I will be around for a few hours to answer any questions.

The app will allow you to export up to 5 times for free, then require a single in-app purchase to unlock unlimited uses. If you're beta testing you'll get the in-app purchase for free :).

P/S: We're the team that made Lively (convert Live Photos to GIF/Movie) and Lean (clean up Live Photos by removing video components). If you like Live Paper, check them out as well. Thanks!
I've registered but as I'm a 6 plus user in using livemaker which lets me snap live photos. So whilst I can snap Live Photos I can't set as wallpaper. Will this still work for me ?

Link to app - has anyone heard of this ? Only has one review on App Store which is me !
LiveMaker - for Live Photos and iOS 9 by Six Second Mobile Inc.
https://appsto.re/gb/8Zhh-.i

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Sent TestFlight invitations to those who registered!

Received! I'm loving this app. Can't wait for the trim option. As of now doing it before hand is a pain since iOS doesn't seem to let you know the length left of the trimmed portion. So you're constantly back and forth with trimming until it's short enough. Otherwise so far the app works perfectly. I haven't encountered any bugs as of yet.

jasondinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2014
Received! I'm loving this app. Can't wait for the trim option. As of now doing it before hand is a pain since iOS doesn't seem to let you know the length left of the trimmed portion. So you're constantly back and forth with trimming until it's short enough. Otherwise so far the app works perfectly. I haven't encountered any bugs as of yet.

Yup, we're working on that right now and aim to submit the update as soon as 1.0 is ready. Meanwhile, take some gifs to heal your pain: http://tinywhale.net/gifs/ <3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.