Make my Macbook go Toddler?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fletch33, Jun 19, 2011.

1. fletch33 macrumors regular

fletch33

i have upgraded my wife form her 2.0 Duo Core Macbook and i have a 2.5 year old i want to set it up for.

i am going to put the Macbook away so nothing can be spilled in it and setup a monitor, keyboard, and mouse but what else can i do to make it more toddler friendly?

i thought about hiding everything i can and go with icons on the homescreen. like making the dock super small, hiding it, and only having finder and trash in it.

my Android tablet has a really cool app that basically makes a new desktop look with games, activities etc.. that she really likes and to leave this app you have to be very clever to find the exit button and then you have to swipe a pattern so it has held up well so far. i would love something like this but i have never seen it.

just curious what others are doing?

thanks for any input or suggestions.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Outside the box, sell the laptop and get the toddler a used generation 1 iPad. I would think there's more utilty with the iPad, learning etc than the laptop.

3. fletch33 thread starter macrumors regular

fletch33

this is going to sound like a lot but i go through a lot of techy stuff and have passed it on to either my wife and now my daughter.

she (my daughter) has a 3G(S) and 10" Tegra 2 Tablet and she loves them both.

i guess your right though that i should just sell it.

i was hoping there was some kind of really cool kid thing i hadnt discovered to use it for.

thanks