Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyholetsgo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
We all know that M$ Office 2013 will take at least a year to be released on Mac. However, there is an "on Demand" version out there that streams the 2013 version over the internet, unfortunately only for PCs with Internet Explorer. Now here is my question. How can I make this work on Mac without a workaround like parallels desktop? It can't be that hard to make your Mac-Browser pretend that it is an Internet Explorer so that one can use Office 2013 on demand, right? Does anybody have an idea how we could make it work on Mac?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/...any-pc-with-office-on-demand-HA102840202.aspx

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but I think the main Office 365 page says it's for both PC and Mac. You shouldn't need to do anything...? I'm not sure if some features are missing/crippled vs. PC, but it looks the same for either one.

If not, try using Chrome or FF?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
OP is asking about Office on Demand. From the link in the OP:
As long as you’re connected to the internet from a PC running Windows 7 or later, you can use Office on Demand to create documents or to keep working on documents you’ve saved to SkyDrive.

I couldn't find more specific details on system requirements after a quick look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.