Make Opera look like IE7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

My dad is having problems with a certain website he needs for work (I am normally his IT guy, but I'm stumped). His website has a schedule, or something like that, that I think requires flash player, but it says it only works on internet explorer.
    Is there anyway to trick the website into thinking he's on explorer? I have heard there is a way to do this with Opera but I haven't been successful in finding how.

2. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Look under site preferences and set the identity (which is just a user agent spoof) to IE.

3. bmb012 macrumors 6502

I'm using Web Kit and there's a 'User Agent' menu under Develop (which you need to turn on in the 'advanced' preference tab... but for Opera... can't find anything too easily, try typing 'masquerade' or 'masquerading' or 'user agent' into the Opera help search...

Heh, nevermind, guess it's even easier in Opera...

4. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Thanks for the reply.
    When I am in the preferences the identity picker is grayed out so I cannot select a different identity.

EDIT: never mind the second time I opened the preference I was able to select it. Thanks for the help!