Make OSX accept Time Machine files

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jensvium, Jul 15, 2011.

1. jensvium macrumors newbie

Hi,

My backup recently crashed. I recreated all the files in the original folders (all original names and so on). But OSX won't recognise them as Time Machine files. How can I make it do so ?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What do you mean, you "recreated all the files"? All you need to do is restore from your Time Machine backup. You don't have to recreate anything.

3. jensvium thread starter macrumors newbie

The Time Machine files were all deleted by mistake but all restored.

4. Hansr macrumors 6502a

5. jensvium thread starter macrumors newbie

hehe,

The harddrive with my Time Machine backup had a malfunction so the files where lost, but I restored the files (with Data Rescue 3) onto another harddrive.

6. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Okay, those will not be recognized as the same files as they are not the same files (their checksums will most likely be different from being recovered).

7. jensvium thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to make it work ?

8. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Make what work? These files were lost on the time machine backup then they have no integrity nor link to the current ones. Sorry no, I don't see how that could be possibly be done.

Why not just take the time machine backups you've restored via DR and use those?

9. jensvium thread starter macrumors newbie

I just wanted to use Time Machine to get the files back. They've all been put into folders called 'dirXXXXX'