Make phone only beep once/more privacy questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thatdozen, Jan 7, 2009.

1. thatdozen macrumors newbie

is there a way i can downgrade my firmware or change my settings so my phone doesnt continuously beep when i have a missed text/vm? unlike most people, i hate this feature, sometimes i dont want to check texts (especially late at night) but the incessant beeping pisses me off...i have no choice but to check it

also, is there a link to a competent jailbreak site containing the PYSL app? i want more security/privacy for my VM's and texts. does this app make it so the message of the text doesnt show on the screen when you're using other apps?

lastly, is there a way to control the volume of the alerts? when i'm in the office, i turn the ringer down as i feel vibrate is just as annoying as a ring, but i cant control the volume of the other alerts so i have no choice but to make it completely silent.

sorry for all the questions...but this phone seems to have skipped out on basic things that make a phone secure and office atmosphere friendly

2. crisss1205 macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

It should only beep 2 times after the message is received. One 5 min later and one 10 min later. Its not like other phones like Windows that beep every 2 min forever.