Make Photos Look Like a Comic Strip???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, Nov 7, 2008.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Are there any programs that will convert a photo to a comic strip looking panel? I have to do a creative project for work, and was thinking of something like this. I have Comic Life, to put them into the panels and add dialog, but I'd like to convert the photos to something that looks like it was drawn.

I did a quick google search, and I found a page that has Photoshop Elements showing it can do it....but you have to go through about 10 different filters to get the effect.

I have been thinking of buying Photoshop Elements, but would like to save as much money as possible.

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

You could use several effects in Photoshop to come up with what looks like a cartoon of an object in a picture. Contour, cutout, posterize, charcoal, fills, etc.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

4. Halsey12 macrumors regular

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Also, if you have a Macbook or later w/a built-in webcam, Photo Booth has the comic strip effect, although it sounds like you already have the photos, in which case idk if this helps at all lol (maybe for future use).

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

All good suggestions, but the best I believe is the application made specifically for that kind of use called Comic Life!

It is great, simple fun to use and does a very good job, so check it out and download the 30 day demo to play with.

7. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

The OP already stated:

8. Leto-Parallels macrumors member

Leto-Parallels

I've tried this one before: http://www.mycomicbookcreator.com/

They have a free trial download. It was pretty fun playing around with. You can drag images right from the source into the comic book, or do a Google image search from within the program and it will grab it.
    The version I used had a weird time exporting things, though, if I remember correctly.

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Thanks- my bad! I did indeed totally miss that this time. :(