Make pictures lighter on OS X 10.6.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by omarjk, Feb 12, 2011.

1. omarjk macrumors regular

I apologise for the crude and luddite-like title, but that is the best way I can think of encapsulating the problem I am having.

I run Snow Leopard and have noticed for a while that, on my normal log-in profile, photos are darker and therefore less detail is visible. The same photo on the guest profile or any other machine appears with far greater clarity.

For example, a photo of a dark coat can be easily viewed in guest profile, but on my profile it is just a black blob. It is even better to view the photo on my iPhone.

I have tried changing the Color profile setting in Displays, going back to the default Color LCD profile, but it has not made much difference.

Does anyone have tips on how I can resolve this problem. I want to see photos again!

Thanks

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

You probably have changed the Gamma on your profile to something different (darker) than the default, this Apple doc explains more about Gamma and how to change it:

:apple: Mac OS X v10.6: About gamma 2.2

3. Modernape macrumors regular

Had the same problem myself - here's the fix - Sys Prefs> Universal Access> make sure the 'enhance contrast' slider is all the way to the left.

4. omarjk thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you very much. This was the problem. Such a simple fix to a tedious problem.

Thanks again.