Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qwerty11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Is there a way to make Siri use Google Apps, such as Chrome, Maps, Calendar, and etcetera?

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Siri seems to be designed to amuse the easily entertained. The cutesy responses, the rather limited usefulness, makes it seem like a waste of time.

Google Now is far better, designed and fully integrated in the highly useful Google Apps / Products ecosystem it's a great solution.

I have the entire set of Google Apps for iOS, on my iPhone 6S Plus. Thanks to Google it greatly improves my iOS experience. While it's still lacking compared to my Stellar Nexus 6P, it's the best way to get the most from my iPhone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Siri seems to be designed to amuse the easily entertained. The cutesy responses, the rather limited usefulness, makes it seem like a waste of time.

Google Now is far better, designed and fully integrated in the highly useful Google Apps / Products ecosystem it's a great solution.

I have the entire set of Google Apps for iOS, on my iPhone 6S Plus. Thanks to Google it greatly improves my iOS experience. While it's still lacking compared to my Stellar Nexus 6P, it's the best way to get the most from my iPhone.
Seems like it does plenty for plenty people, even if it doesn't do as much as some other ones might and is basically centers in Apple apps/services. Basically depends on one's needs/wants.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
If you want an OS deeply embedded with google services then there is an operating system called android that might intest you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.