Make sure we get emails when we need them?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mickbab, Jul 20, 2009.

1. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Hi all,

I thought it might be a good idea if there was some way that the mods could implement this:

Making sure that whenever someone quotes you in a post, you are notified.

It could work like subscriptions - you could turn it on or off, choose which threads you want etc.

Not sure if there is a way to do this but I think it would be a good idea to always be notified when you are quoted, because only a small percentage of posts give you notification emails in normal subscriptions.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions/put-downs/insults/flames/presents/greetings/links/images/videos/or some other form of noun which I have forgotten to list?

2. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

I think you've covered pretty much every noun suitable for what you're talking about. I agree with this. One thing I can get a little embarrassed about is not replying back to a quote.. particularly in the "post your last purchase" thread regarding a product I just purchased. :eek:

3. mickbab thread starter macrumors 65816

mickbab

This is one of the main reasons behind my thoughts.
    Many of the larger threads (MacRumors Pics, Last Purchase, Wallpaper etc.) would benefit from something like this I think, as people would be more likely to return to the thread and reply to something someone has said/asked.

And it wouldn't just be the larger thread either. It would work just as well in smaller threads which people might not remember to visit.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx