Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joan A.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Using" PowerMac G4 (1-2002), OS 9.2.2, 867 Mz, 1.5 GB RAM. How can I make a VIDEO.TS Folder so Toast 5 can burn a DVD-R? Just used iDVD 1.0.1 for the first time, with short (4 min.) Quicktime photo movies I made (jpgs+music) via iPhoto. In Toast, I made VCDs of these, works great. But in iDVD, "burn" to a DVD-R doesn't work. Get a message: Toast, Eject, or Initialize. I updated my SuperDrive OK for the "high speed" DVDs with Software Update, so that's not an issue. Per Toast manual, says Toast can use a VIDEO_TS folder. Can I make this with iDVD (how?!). The VCDs are fine, but "Menus" with the iDVD themes would be even nicer...I'd like to just burn in iDVD, but that's not happening & very frustrating! :)

Joan A.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Video_TS folder - Toast

Chrisfromcanada - thanks for the reply. My iDVD file is 9.4 MB. Just four small QT files. Just wish the iDVD "burn" would work, but I can't get past that Toast, Eject, or Initialize dialog box. That's why I selected "Toast" > Other > DVD. Then put the iDVD file there, and Recorded to the DVD-R. But, of course, it just put the iDVD file on the DVD-R.

rand()

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Michigan
What exactly isn't working about "burn" in iDVD? The popup that you're getting sounds like the popup you get from the Finder by simply putting a blank DVD-R in the Superdrive - it hasn't got anything to do with iDVD as far as I know. I would press "Ignore" and then hit "Burn" in iDVD.

Better yet, you could hit "Burn" before inserting the disc, and then iDVD should prompt you for a blank without Finder interfering.

Lemme know if that helps!

-rand()

Coolvirus007

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2004
Tokyo
As far as I know, Toast will automatically do this for you. If you put in a QT clip and select to burn a DVD, then it will burn as a Video_ts folder and maybe audio_ts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.