Make Your iPhone an iOS/WP7 Love Child

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by intoxicated662, Feb 1, 2011.

1. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

Make Your iPhone an iOS/WP7 Love Child *Use at your own risk*

http://gizmodo.com/5747634/make-your-iphone-an-ioswp7-love-child-with-this-incredible-theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgvBnUNDDFM&feature=player_embedded

Oh, hey, look another Windows Phone 7 handset, looks pretty norm—wait what? That's running on an iPod, you say? Well, yes. And this cunning mimic can run on your jailbroken iOS device as well.

Called OS7 (I assume the other option was WPOS, which doesn't have quite the same verve), Wyndwarrior's WP7 iOS theme is currently in public beta. Here's how you get in on the action:

1. Install Backboard from Cydia.
    2. Make sure you have created a "Default" backup, if not, press the add button in Backboard and give it a name.
    3. Go on your device and click on this link: backboard://http://wyndrepo.googleco...es/OS7Beta.zip
    4. Press "Yes" and wait for it to download. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
    5. Select OS7 from Backboard. Press Install. Respring.
    Price is still TBD, and you may want to wait for the fully baked theme instead of running out and beta testing. No word on when the finalized version will be available, or what it will cost. But it's almost definitely going to be cheaper than, say, the Samsung Focus.

2. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Tried it out yest, looks great he's one talented guy.

Going to wait til the bugs are fixed and he gets a final version released

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Wow. most impressive. I was going to try the theme before but didn't since it, or another previous version, required some apps that I didn't have. This thing, so far, works flawlessly on my iPhone4. Cool :cool:

4. bova80 macrumors 6502a

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I installed this yesterday, and it is brilliant work. The popup that appears every time you open an app is annoying, but that will be removed when the final version is released. I know I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely love the Windows Phone 7 UI, so I can see myself switching between this and the normal iOS UI quite often once the final version is released.

6. intoxicated662 thread starter macrumors regular

i've been debating on whether to install and try this or not, I like the windows 7 look and all as well. only thing stopping me is that I keep reading that there are lots of popups. are the popups really that bad or is it something u can bare with? (for those of u who have tried this already and have it currently installed). Also, is there a way to uninstall this in case if I change my mind soon after?

7. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Pop up comes up everytime you open a app
    It's only a beta preview version the dev said

The pop up will be gone on the final release

8. skillz1318 macrumors regular

I tried this out yesterday and loved it! Cannot wait for final release!

9. STravisC macrumors regular

10. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

it's something cool and different. But iOS has a so much more useful interface. I hate scrolling through pages, just to get to an app at the end of the alphabet.

11. bova80 macrumors 6502a

12. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Is there no support for folders?

13. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I had to delete the app .. i was killing my battery twice as fast.

14. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

It's on the Modmyi repo on Cydia

15. meechy macrumors 6502

Yep, i agree with you 100%. I tried this theme and it takes away 2 major things for me, folders and multitasking bar. Without those its hard for this to be used as an everyday theme. Best sticking to "normal" themes i guess.

16. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Multitasking still works when you're in a app
    Think the dev is fixing this tho

17. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Hmm it makes me boot into safe mode. Any ideas?