Make your iPhone ugly instantly or over time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jul 8, 2010.

?

Are you using a big protective case?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. No, just a bumper/screen protectors

102 vote(s)
    78.5%
  1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

EDIT: Please regard option 2 as including "naked" (if a mod sees this, could ya edit in /naked to the end)

---

Using a big case now: Makes it ugly instantly

Using a bumper/no case: Makes it ugly over time (scratches)

Which are you guys doing?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

With the proper case the iPhone will not be ugly immediately nor later.

Right now I'm using a Frogz case, when they come out I will have an Otterbox Defender. Did that with my 3Gs and when I passed it on it was as good as when it came out of the box.

3. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah but it's not going to be as good as one of those bigger protective cases.

I'd argue there's no case that provides a lot of protection without ruining the cool sleek look of the phone.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Your options aren't diverse enough in the poll. I am neither using a big ugly case or a bumper/screen protector.

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I have the SGP shields which are nearly unnoticeable.

6. andy9l macrumors 68000

7. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Bumper right now, waiting for incase to get their ish strait.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

No third option for "I don't put ugly things on my phone and it still looks great"? Pointless poll.

11. littleluna macrumors member

I have neither the big, bulky case or the bumper right now. But I'm planning on getting the Otterbox Impact Series case when it comes out. I really like to get the GroveMade cases, but I can't afford to put down $99 on it, when it's only for cosmetic reasons and won't fully protect the phone.

I rather make my phone ugly now (or later) with a big,bulky case rather than risking it shatter into a million pieces. =( As much as I love seeing it naked.

12. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

The second you put a case on it, it becomes ugly.

13. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'd honestly go naked but I worry that the phone will shatter if I drop it and State Farm no longer will insure it.

So, in a case it goes (not a huge bulky one though. A free silicon one that I got waiting in line for it until I find something I like better).

If it werent' for the fact State Farm won't insure it, I'd go naked and do the let it get ugly with scratches (I don't care about scratches, I do care about it breaking and not being usable anymore though and not being able to afford another one). I mean what's the point of a pretty phone if it is covered up anyways? Unless you worry about resale value, and I'd rather worry about using it the way I want to honestly. What resale value I might lose by letting it go naked or using it like I want to won't make up for not being able to really enjoy my phone while I have it ;).

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am using a Frogz case on mine. It helps with the antenna issue, and it is not as nearly as slippery as a naked iPhone.

15. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

And you honestly think that an Otterbox Defender isn't ugly? To each his own I guess...
    Um, it's just as likely to fall out on the first shot as it is on the hundredth.

16. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Personally, I don't use the i4 for the looks.. I use it for the functionality.. a nice black case makes me feel better and makes the product last longer. :)

17. Torq macrumors regular

Naked, always.

I don't see the point in buying something that looks and feels good only to cover it up and never get to enjoy it fully. And I'll be buggered if I am going to keep it in a case so the next owner gets to enjoy it fully if it means I don't get to.

But then I have no issue driving my Aston in bad weather and can't imagine keeping my Range Rover if it WASN'T going to get used off-road.

18. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

i use the sonix snap case, it's super thin but provides protection from scratching and imo isn't ugly, but i didn't buy the phone based on it's looks so the whole thread is moot as far as i'm concerned, I generally buy things for their function and then do what I can to allow them to continue to function as long as possible..

19. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I'll take my chances. Depending on what Incase comes up with.

20. OneMorePlease macrumors newbie

I like the looks and minimal protection of the Apple Bumpers for both mine and my wife's iPhone 4. Not a great value at 29 bucks, but I think it's a decent compromise between looks and protection.

I think anyone that denies looks as a motivating factor for purchase is just in denial. Looks and styling :cool: are a huge part of Apple's appeal, IMHO.

21. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

22. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

One shot too many.

23. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Well I've got a case on it (SGP Vintage edition leather) and it's neither big nor ugly and it smells wonderful!!! :)

24. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

A full silicone case. I found a really thin one that looks amazing on my phone. Completely solves the reception issues and looks awesome.

25. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco