Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Man In Black

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
California
So, I bought a iPod Shuffle, and I have Windows 98, not 2k/XP that the iPod requires.
Anyway, after extensive searching, I found this USB driver for Windows 98 that allows 98 to recognize the iPod as a removable mass storage device.

Instructions:

1:Download attachment
2:Unzip to a folder on the desktop
3:plug in iPod
4:When it says to select a location to search for driver, choose the folder you unzipped the file to
5:Click Finish when all is completed.
6:Just copy and paste music files to the iPod as you would a USB thumb drive. The iPod will show up under My Computer as "Removable Drive".

Enjoy.

mod note: attachment removed at the request of the software author, please visit their site for download: http://win98.drivers.w.interia.pl/ipod.html

andy89

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2005
Kent, England
Man In Black said:
So, I bought a iPod Shuffle, and I have Windows 98, not 2k/XP that the iPod requires.
Anyway, after extensive searching, I found this USB driver for Windows 98 that allows 98 to recognize the iPod as a removable mass storage device.

Instructions:

1:Download attachment
2:Unzip to a folder on the desktop
3:plug in iPod
4:When it says to select a location to search for driver, choose the folder you unzipped the file to
5:Click Finish when all is completed.
6:Just copy and paste music files to the iPod as you would a USB thumb drive. The iPod will show up under My Computer as "Removable Drive".

Enjoy.

cheers, i really need this

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
I still cannot believe people are using 98 :eek:

Says the person who only got rif of a windows 95 computer for work related software 6 months ago :D

daredevil007

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2005
how does it work???

Hi there,I'd downloaded the driver but i still don´t know what to do to install it, it doesn´t have an *.exe file, i'm a little ignorant in this, I recognize it, but i'll appreciate some help please.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
PLEASE get rid of your 98 computer for a mac( even running Mac OS9) Arg XP is bad but 98 ARGGGGG!!! GET A MAC!! :D :D

Only good thing about PC is you can build them, and dual boot OS( linux and Windows) and building them seems fun!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.