Make Your Own Passbook Cards

maricc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Not sure if this is old news, but you can make your own Passbook cards if you go to Passsource. If you use the site via your iPhone, you can save the file directly to Passbook. If you do it on your computer, you have to email (or iMessage) the file to your iPhone and save it. Albeit, it's not nice and simple, rather quite ugly for some passes, but if you are patient you can make a couple different Passes. I used it for my Best Buy Reward Zone card and it worked (haven't tried it yet though).

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I've made 3 cards using this: BBRZ, a PetSmart card, and a CVS card. I have not had a chance to try them yet, I tried the BB card last weekend but my store's scanners could not scan phone screens so no go there.

rhino89

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
Tried making a cvs pass and then went to a nearby store to try and use it. Wouldn't register my cvs card, even though it "scanned".

King Bowser

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
nm figured it out

i went to the website on my computer and it looked weird.. the one on the iphone makes more sense.

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
I made a Starbucks pass from passsource.com and it worked like a charm when i bought my coffee today.The only thing is the balance will not update. It even showed up as a notification when i arrived there :)
Real cool!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'd like to try it for my BB RZ card, but I'm not about to give them my credentials. We should be able to enter the info without giving the site our user name and password.

D-Back

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
I'd like to try it for my BB RZ card, but I'm not about to give them my credentials. We should be able to enter the info without giving the site our user name and password.
You can, just dont enter that information... It will still work.

maricc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I've used the BBRZ pass I made on pass source twice and it worked like a charm both times. I'm waiting to try the GameStop one. The directions for making that pass were confusing
I tried it today but it didn't scan, obviously not the apps fault. Having said that, she only tried to scan it once with minimal effort.

I don't think you need to give your full credentials. I think the password part etc. is supposed to check your balance (which doesn't work).

bryan85

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
I created the CVS one but it doesn't have a barcode on it. Did I do something wrong?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
I tried it today but it didn't scan, obviously not the apps fault. Having said that, she only tried to scan it once with minimal effort.

I don't think you need to give your full credentials. I think the password part etc. is supposed to check your balance (which doesn't work).
Worked for me when I put in my Best Buy Reward Zone card...just had to manually update it is all.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Can we trust those sites?

If someone was malicious, they could be getting thousands of loyalty card numbers, coupons, etc. with barely any work.