Make YouTube video links open in new mobile YouTube?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lostsol, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

I love the new mobile youtube site optimized for iPhone. The videos load so much faster even when you choose HQ.
    Is there a way to make this version the default when you click on a YouTube link? I'm not really tech smart so maybe this is obvious or can't be done at all. Today I've just switched over to the mobile site and used search to find certain videos but being able to go straight to it from a link would be great.

Any ideas?

2. headcheese macrumors regular

I do not think there is a way to do this unfortunately. I just discovered the YouTube mobile today and I love it!

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

4. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Question: Can you view HD YouTube video on this over 3G? Since the native YouTube app massively downgrades quality while on 3G, it'd be pretty ballin if mobile YouTube let you watch HD.

5. nosser macrumors regular

Yes, you can watch HQ videos in the mobile link. It's doesn't look like hd quality but it's 10 times better than the native app

6. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. I guess for now if I see a link I want to watch-- I'll just open the mobile app and so a search for that subject. Hopefully I'll find it that way. I just get really tired of waiting forever for YouTube videos to load on the regular site or native app.

7. nosser macrumors regular

You can just copy the link and open it in safari. Dont forget to add a "m." in front of youtube and it should open in the mobile version.

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01