Makes no sense.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nospeed411, Jan 29, 2011.

1. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

So I noticed a small dent/ding on the bottom panel of my 13 MBP.It's and "outie" dent not an "innie". Now granted this thing has had 2 displays replaced in a year so it could be their fault or mine...not relevant. I call Apple to se if they can sell me one to repair my OCD problem. They tell me they can't cause it's not a DIY part. :confused::confused::confused: However the RAM and hard drive that this thing is removed to access is....seriously WTF????

Sometimes APPLE you really piss me off:mad: It makes no sense what they say but whatever. I guess I will trek 40 miles to the Apple store tomorrow to order it. I would get it online but I wanted my serial number on it and they can not provide that service.

END RANT

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

You can order then bottom panel from ifixit. If I remember, it is around 200

3. nospeed411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No they are only 99 bucks....not the point of the money...it's the damn principal. As OCD as I am I'd pay 300 for it. But why they wont sell it to me with my serial number is absurd....yes I am being waaaaayy too nit picky. And for them to tell me it's "not user serviceable" HUH????

4. deeesea macrumors 6502

you're gonna drop 100 bucks on your laptop to fix a tiny dent? wow. That's intense.

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

If they have replaced it a few times, I would push them to replace the dented part free of charge.