Makes no sense?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gleadr, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Gleadr macrumors member

Gleadr

Ok people I was just looking at the apple refurb store and I noticed something weird so I talked to an apple person online and told them about the difference and they said that's because the black macbook has a larger hard drive... Well the thing is it didnt and it had a slower processor and less ram and it wasn't that much more money but still it shouldnt be that more expensive because of the color here look at the pic

[​IMG]

Tell me what you think about this...

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

the blackbooks came with the 250gb drive. Im thinking its an error in their listing on that page.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Black MacBook is black as well.

I've seen the specifications on the refurb page be incorrect. Keep in mind that BlackBook is from the previous revision and not the same one as the white one.

4. Gleadr thread starter macrumors member

Gleadr

Well i talked to the online apple person and they said it was normal for machines with lower specs to be more expensive... She also told me that the price difference was because of the color. i do not see how color could cost that much more! Can you?

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Like I said before this isn't the first time someone has noticed this.

The White 2.4 GHz MacBook ($1,299) is from the Early 2008 revision while the Black 2.16 MacBook ($1,499) is from Early 2007.

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Really...? Have you even SEARCHED this forum to see how many threads there are about people complaining: "why is the black one soo much more $"

Of course, this was prior to the Alu. MacBook's being released.

7. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I know for me it was worth it to pay the extra money for the black one. I got the bigger HDD and didnt have to worry about it getting filthy looking as I know the white one would be. All I had to do was look at my white keyboard to know how dirty it would get. lol